Image Map

Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year, new products

Happy New Year wallpapers

Happy New Year! I hope that 2014 brings you all everything you could wish for.

As part of starting Step 1 of my New Year's Resolutions I am putting some resources into my TpT store. These first few are not very seasonal, but they are tried and tested from my classroom and my children certainly enjoyed them!

They are also all free for a limited time offer! So please come along and download them. I would really appreciate comments and constructive criticism.

To use, you cut out the cards and divide them amongst a small group or pair (after we did it as part of a class activity, individuals also choose to do independently during Challenge Time). They work together to solve each number sentence and find which card goes next. I used them for a week on money, linking to finding change and recapping the recent work on subtraction. I then left two sets (one easier, one harder) in the Challenge Area for children to do independently for the next week.






I came across this website the other day called Teach Thought and they had a great article all about the best free iPad apps to use in the classroom. As we have a bank of iPads in my school and I rarely use them for anything other than photo-taking its inspired me to try some of these out with my class in the new term. 

I also want to create a 'Top 10' or at least 'Top 5' educational apps to send home to the parents to use at home if I can, any suggestions?


And finally, a link up to Oh' Boy 4th Grade again with another Currently (linking up for December was the start of attracting readers to my little blog!)

Listening - 'Magic' by B.o.B. - Such a feel-good song, it always has me dancing around the room.


Loving - The cooler temperatures, especially because I get to use a whole different seasonal wardrobe!

Thinking - I can't believe how quickly the holidays seem to be flying past! It is only a few days until its time to head back to reality and school.

Needing - I have loads of resources that I would like to add to my TpT store, but since I've only ever used them in my classroom, the clipart I used was rather random. I need to go through it all (I imagine a VERY slow process) and put in stuff that I have actually bought/got a licence for!

Memory - My favourite memory for this Christmas was the mountain of yummy food that I have eaten.

3 comments:

  1. I totally get the "cooler temps" thing. Living in central FL means it is sometimes close to 80 for Christmas!

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I found you through Farley's Currently. I love that song. That just got me pumped up to complete my tasks for this morning. Good luck on your items for your store. I am a "Melonheadz" and "The 3 AM Teacher" addict for their clipart. I just purchased some more Melonheadz yesterday for a new product. One of my many projects to complete before I go back to school for real on Monday. Enjoy the cooler weather. I know I don't look forward to the sub zero temps coming my way! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of the mountain of yummy food that you got to eat! There is no such thing as good comfort food in Korea. And they do NOT know how to do desserts. At all. So sad...
    Gig ‘Em Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...