Image Map

Monday 24 March 2014

Sunshine on a rainy day


So I've been nominated by Ashlee at Teacher Will Run For Books for a Sunshine Blogger Award. Which considering the non-stop rain I've had recently, is a lovely gesture. In order to accept it, I am supposed to do 4 things.

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 facts asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate bloggers you think bring sunshine sunshine to the world.
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

11 facts about myself
1. I read every single night, if my kindle broke, I would probably have a break down.
2. I read to my class every single day (trying to get them into my habit!)
3. I am addicted to technology, and social media (I blame the fact I am far from my family and friends).
4. I have given up chocolate and cakes and desserts and basically anything sweet for Lent. Lent is very long this year...
5. I took part in the teachers art piece for my school's art auction this year despite my lack of painting skills (I went for bushes since they seemed hard to get wrong!)
6. Pink is my favourite colour.
7. If its pink and Cath Kidston I will own it.
8. I've just started to experiment with pedicures I see on pinterest.
9. I have managed to keep an orchid alive for nearly year. This is a new record for me, usually I measure plant life in weeks.
10. I'm in my 9th year of teaching.
11. I am terrible at printing out photos and am years behind with my albums.

11 questions from Ashlee
1. What do you order at your favorite coffee place?
Hot chocolate cause I don't like coffee!
2. Give your #1 behavior management strategy in your classroom.
Happy and sad faces, and saying that they have made me sad so thats why I'm moving their name there.
3. Why are you a teacher?
Because I never really grew up and love that I get to play and earn money!
4. What's the best part of teaching?
Anything I can laminate!
5. What's the worst part of teaching?
The marking. Hate it. I try and make my lessons as practical as possible with a big part of my motivation being so I have less marking to do!
6. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Travel around the world with my closest friends. Like a round-the-world cruise or something.
7. What's your favourite thing to do over the summer?
Go home.
8. Do you have any siblings? Are you close with them?
One younger brother and yep, we What's App or Facebook most days and speak at least once a week.
9. Do you have any pets?
No, I'm currently living in 'no pets allowed' accommodation
10. Why do you think so many people leave teaching after 5 or fewer years?
The bureaucracy!
11. If you weren't a teacher, what would your profession be?
A lady that lunches? I could be good at that! Or more realistically a librarian.

My nominations (in no particular order)
1. My Teacher Friend
2. A Cupcake for the Teacher
3. A Teeny Tiny Teacher
4. Chicken Soup for the Autism Teacher's Soul
5. Happiness is Watermelon Shaped in 3rd Grade

My questions for my nominees
1. Best way to unwind on a Friday night?
2. Favourite book to read?
3. If you could meet one person from history, who would it be?
4. What did you wear to work today?
5. Where would you go on your dream holiday?
6. Favourite festival to celebrate in the classroom?
7. Best tv programme on at the moment?
8. What's your guilty pleasure?
9.  How often do you blog?
10. Your best-selling product?
11. Your favourite product from someone else?

So thanks again to Ashlee for my nomination, which I happily accept! Please go check out her blog and those of my nominees! We all could do with a little more sunshine in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...