Image Map

Saturday 11 February 2017

Five for February

So for the first time this year, I am joining in a link up! And I'm picking Doodle Bugs' Five for Friday.
1
I started the term with a couple of weeks on Space and the result of a Maths craftivity making rockets out of 2D shapes and some experimentation with marbling inks and their effects to make planets, was this display.
2
As part of learning about Chinese New Year, we read the story 'The Great Race' and made a small world version for the children to use to retell the story. Though if I'm honest they most just took the rat around the classroom...

3
In the Messy Play area, we had cooked noodles and various tongs and chopsticks to experiment with. Only one child tried to eat it so I consider it a success!
4
This idea was part of the parent activity afternoon we had, where the parent reps from all the classes organised games and crafts for the children to do. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the finished firework pictures.
5
The excitement of this term is the introduction of some letters to begin learning to write our names. Look at this beautiful curly caterpillar! 

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your projects, especially the firework artwork! Learning how to write using sand is so fun for students to learn their letters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...